- A Level
The Cambridge AS and A Level Qualifications accredited by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) is internationally recognised and is considered as a passport for students to gain admission into leading universities around the world. The programme is a 2-year curriculum. During the first-year students study a range of subjects at Cambridge International Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level). In the second year, they study for the Cambridge International Advanced Level (A Level).
A Level learning programme
The programme provides a solid foundation of skills:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information sources
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments and explanations
- Making judgments, recommendations, and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications, and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
Students will study 3-4 AS Level and A Level subjects from the following subject groups:
- Natural science stream: Physics / Chemistry / Biology
- Technology & art stream: Computer Science / Art & Design
- Social science stream: English / Business Studies / Economics / Global Perspectives / Psychology
In addition, students will study:
- Physical education
- English (IELTS preparation)
- Foreign language (Japanese / French / Mandarin – subject to the specific campus selection)
Students will sit the AS Level exam at the end of grade 11 and A Level exam at end of grade 12 and be awarded Cambridge AS and A Level qualifications upon successful completion of these exams.
The Cambridge AS and A Level Qualifications accredited by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) is internationally recognised and is considered as a passport for students to gain admission into leading universities around the world. A number of top universities in the USA provide first year credits to students for their achievements in A Level study.
The A Level programme at VAS is delivered by our finest teachers, primarily from the UK and US, boasting at least 3-5 years' experience teaching the A Level programme internationally. The programme is rigorously overseen by a team of department heads and VAS's professional council. Students receive comprehensive support, including:
- Personal mentorship: Each student is assigned a dedicated advisor who mentors them throughout the programme, discussing and monitoring their academic progress.
- Regular guidance and support: Our department heads and programme managers provide consistent guidance and support, ensuring your child's success.
- Tailored career counselling and expert study abroad guidance: Our specialist career counsellors help students establish clear study plans and goals, identifying suitable majors, universities, and admission strategies.
Extra Curricular Activities
A Level students at VAS enrich their learning experiences and develop essential skills through a diverse range of extracurricular activities. These enriching experiences not only enhance students' applications for university but also prepare them to be well-rounded, adaptable, and engaged citizens in the global community.
- Talks and seminars led by experts and business leaders.
- Engaging in charity and community projects.
- Showcasing talents through competitions like Young Leaders and Debate.
- Participating in sports tournaments and other cultural and extracurricular activities.
- Gaining valuable real-world experience through internships and work placements.