A Level is a two year course that leads to two exams: AS Level at the end of Grade 11 and A Level at the end of Grade 12. The Cambridge A Level Qualification is internationally recognised and is considered as a passport for students to gain admission into leading universities around the world, including universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the Netherlands. A number of top universities in the USA provide first year credits to students for their achievements in A Level studies.
Cambridge A Level is a rigorous education programme which focuses on developing learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgments, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.