Cluster Moet Program Head21/04/2022
Responsible To: Executive Cluster School Director (ECSD)
About this job
- In just over ten years, the VAS Group has established a very positive reputation for the learning that is achieved by students in our schools, for the quality of teaching that delivers the learning, and for the various ways in which our schools are organised. We view this reputation as vital to our continued growth and, therefore, want to develop and enhance it as much as possible.
- VAS has decided to open a new school with the VAS combined curriculum covering both the Cambridge certification and the MOET programmes (National Vietnamese curriculum). As Senior Cluster Moet Program Head you will be working with the ECSD in the successful opening and development of the new school reporting to the ECSD. As a new post holder, you will contribute to the continuing growth of the MOET curriculum, implement and manage this curriculum (to which you will make an important contribution) and maximise the quality of what we offer to children, students, parents and the community.
- In carrying out this role, you will be helping to both further develop our reputation in Vietnam and support the commercial development of each of our schools.
1. Job Description
1.1. Scope of the role:
- Manage the MOET programme.
- Line manage the Academic Assistants (AA) who report to you in the MOET program.
- Work closely with the ECSD on the development of quality management by staff in the MOET classroom.
- Work closely with the Campus Operations Managers and the Central Office Team to ensure a seamless management of the schools.
- In association with the ECSD, contribute to the process to continually refine and develop the learning-focused product that the school will deliver including:
- Implementing the educational quality standards in the MOET program that will be used to measure the quality of learning-focused provision in the school. These standards should cover cost effectiveness in addition to pure educational quality and will include the delivery of commercial objectives in the school.
- KPIs to track the delivery of the MOET education against internal and benchmarked standards. Highlighting areas of non-compliance and work with colleagues in the school to implement improvement actions.
- In performing this role it is crucial that in working with the ECSD and Academic Assistants work together in a transparent and collegiate manner at all times to ensure that policies, plans and activities are balanced in ensuring commercial and educational success.
- Put in place processes that keep AAs informed and up to date with National school educational developments.
1.2. Key Responsibilities
- The Cluster Moet Program Head (CMPH) should ensure that the ECSD is fully-informed of progress and risks in operating the school (and in return, he/she will receive full support in the delivery of their own responsibilities).
- The safety and wellbeing of all children at the school, whether on site or in transit.
- The academic preparation of the school, including selection of staff, the adherence to group policies, the specification of required resources, and induction and training.
- Ensuring that The Moet staff adheres to standards, reporting requirements, policies and instructions required off the MOET curriculum and DOET (Department of Education) and as set by central VAS academic Department through regular staff meetings.
- The enrolment of students to agreed targets, converting numbers contacting the school into successful applications.
- The assessment of all students put forward for admissions.
- The recruitment and retention of staff.
- Staff disciplinary matters, leading up to a recommendation for dismissal in line with Group policy.
- Student welfare, guidance, behavior and attendance in line with Group policy.
- Communication with parents both about their children's prospective place in the school and about all matters through the school year.
- The academic quality of the MOET curriculum in the school, including the quality of student outcomes, teaching/learning and extra-curricular offer.
- The school curriculum and timetable, including the deployment of staff to their duties, ensuring that all academic resources are efficiently and effectively managed while ensuring there is vertical articulation and transitions between the various phase of the school.
- proposing the annual budget in cooperation with the ECSD to scrutinize and agree.
- Parental and student engagement.
- Specifying school specific procurement requirements: educational content and services, furniture and equipment.
- School self-evaluation, QA arrangements and school improvement planning.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- The MOET and the Cambridge Education K-12 curricula and qualifications
- The processes of learning at different ages and stages
- The management and leadership of learning-focused schools
- Criteria that define high achieving learning-focused schools
- Commercial, cultural and operational aspects of International Schools
- Developed awareness of commercial context in which the educational services sit
- Degree educated
- Extended experience operating as a school
- Headteacher or post of similar status who has significantly contributed to a demonstrably excellent learning-focused school
- Extensive experience of working with International Schools
- Experience of achieving results by working with senior leaders of organisations not under your direct control
- Effective working with teachers and school leaders
- Project management of complex projects
- Working with people from different cultures and countries
- The ability to work on your own initiative and at the same time to be a good team player
- Ability to plan priorities and deliver against agreed service levels
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly gain the respect of many stakeholders of projects
- Project management
- Ability to operate at strategic and operational level
- Able to gain respect of senior team members, School Heads and others in schools
- Personal IT and administrative skills
2.4. Personal Qualities
- Effective communicator and influencer inspiring trust by students, colleagues and parents.
- Cultural awareness and respect
- “Can Do” attitude – proactive and relentlessly positive
- Organised with attention to detail
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours and independently
- Results driven
- Ability to listen to others, formulate overall view and gain commitment from others
- Compulsory Insurance (HI, SI, UI) and Personal Tax are covered by VAS
- Manager will get 100% discount of tuition for 2 children ( other fees such as meal fee, school bus fee, expenses for textbooks, uniforms, extra curricula activities, entrance test fee, ect... are still applied as stipulated)
- 13th monthly salary and KPIs bonus
- Health Insurance, health checkup
- Housing, phone and taxi allowance
- Year end party, Team building, Staff – outing, 20/11, ….
- Lunch at school, Tet gift,….
- Working in professional environment
4. Application packages:
- Application Letter
- CV & Portfolio
- Copied degrees and relevant certificates (if any)
- Residence Book & ID/ Passport
- Temporary Residence Confirmation
- Medical Report
5. How to apply:
- Apply online at: ungtuyen.vas.edu.vn
- Send your documents to our office: HR Division – Vietnam Australia International School - Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
6. Contact point:
- Human Resources Division – Vietnam Australia International School
- Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
- Hotline: 090.119.1224
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/tuyendungtruongvietuc
- Zalo: Tuyển dụng Trường Việt Úc
(Only qualified applications will be contacted as soon as possible.)Chia sẻ