Group Academic Manager – Secondary09/06/2022
Reporting to the Central Academic Director, the Group Academic Manager- Secondary is responsible for developing the strategic plan of the secondary curriculum team, aiming at enhancing the quality of teaching and learning and student attaitment within the entire VAS system. Specific responsibilities include the following:
I. Job Description
A/ Curriculum maintenance and improvement
- Ensure the curriculum framework / scheme of work for all subjects on offer with clear student learning outcomes and targets is provided timely and consistently from one source for all programmes CAP, CAPI and CEP.
- Develop an ongoing improvement cycle with regular curriculum review and modification to better fit changing requirements from Cambridge and intended outcomes.
- Audit current resources (manipulatives, books, and online platforms) to support all curriculum areas and develop action plans for next steps in line with the company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with MOET colleagues and teams to develop curriculum connections and joint projects as one team.
B/ Quality assurance and student attainment
- Lead the secondary curriculum coordinators team in the development, review and finetuning of educational standards, templates, academic procedures and policies pertaining to teaching and learning, student assessments & reporting (including assessment framework & calendar, creation of exam /assessment tools and materials).
- Develop overall strategies and plans for yearly school reviews within secondary section for approval by the CAT and campus leadership team; Follow through the approved strategies/plans. This includes clear deliverables and expectations, which leads to formation and execution of yearly improvement plans by the secondary team.
- Ensure the secondary curriculum coordination team works hand in hand with campus secondary management teams to set the student attainment targets, track and monitor them, and implement timely intervention strategies to ensure the achievement of those targets. This includes development of a consistent and one-source data tracking system for all subjects within the secondary section and ensure the optimal usage of such system by both academic managers and teachers in monitoring and intervening the student attainment.
C/ People development and communication
- Provide leadership in induction, training, mentoring, observing, managing, supporting, and organizing a growing team of curriculum coordinators, subject leaders, teachers (local and expat) and Vietnamese teacher assistants.
- Develop and conduct in-house training to help increase the quality of teaching and learning within the academic personnel and teaching teams; Facilitate, develop, and implement training for teachers of each phase.
- Together with the secondary curriculum coordinators, participate in teachers’ recruitment exercise and provide subject knowledge input to ensure the right teachers are recruited for the right subjects, especially at the upper secondary levels.
- Develop and implement an effective communication strategy with campuses to ensure the quality assurance standards and benchmarks are clearly understood, bought-in and followed through by the academic management teams and teachers at all VAS campuses.
- Conduct CAT Secondary Team meetings and meetings with Campus Heads of Secondary / Work Level 4 and/or Cluster Directors to ensure the cohesion between the CAT Secondary Team and Campus Teams throughout the process of developing and executing the academic standards, benchmarks, procedures and policies.
D/ Career Guidance and College Prep
Under the guidance of VAS Leadership Team, the position will fulfill the mission of VAS in playing the critical role of planner, counselor and information liaison between parents, students, teachers and administration in the areas of college and career planning. This includes developing and operating an in-house high school Career & College Prep Team to provide a wide variety of career information and materials (career and college manual / curriculum) in supporting Grade 9-12 students through their academic preparation, career exploration and development, college search and ultimately, the application process, including school and financial aid application, scholarship searches, testing, etc.
E/ Other duties
- Participate in parents/teacher meetings, school events, graduation ceremonies and other public events, marketing & promotional events as assigned by Academic Leadership Team; attend professional conferences, seminars, and workshops; deliver presentations on behalf of the school as and when required.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Line Manager and Academic Leadership Team
A. General requirements
- Qualified teacher status
- PGCE, or equivalent, in Secondary Education.
- Prior teaching and management experience in upper secondary level (preferably IGCSE/AS and A Level)
- Only for expat
B. Skill requirements for the job
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and influence colleagues
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolution
- Ability to lead a team effectively and motivate staff
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and as a positive team member; ability to prioritise and meet deadlines; commitment to continued improvement and development.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically.
- Ability to show attention to detail and produce work of high quality.
C. Attitude requirements
- High sense of responsibilities
- Proactive, dynamic
- Compulsory Insurance (HI, SI, UI) and Personal Tax are covered by VAS
- Manager will get 100% discount of tuition for 2 children ( other fees such as meal fee, school bus fee, expenses for textbooks, uniforms, extra curricula activities, entrance test fee, ect... are still applied as stipulated)
- 13th monthly salary and KPIs bonus
- Housing, phone and taxi allowance
- Year end party, Team building, Staff – outing, 20/11, ….
- Lunch at school, Tet gift,….
- Working in professional environment
1. Application packages:
- Application Letter
- CV & Portfolio
- Copied degrees and relevant certificates (if any)
- Residence Book & ID/ Passport
- Temporary Residence Confirmation
- Medical Report
2. How to apply:
- Apply online at: ungtuyen.vas.edu.vn / Email : email@example.com
- Send your documents to our office: HR Division – Vietnam Australia International School - Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
3. Contact point:
- Human Resources Division – Vietnam Australia International School
- Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
- Hotline: 090.119.1224
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/tuyendungtruongvietuc
- Zalo: Tuyển dụng Trường Việt Úc
(Only qualified applications will be contacted as soon as possible.)Chia sẻ