Being a member of VAS University Prep and Career Counselling Team, the University/Career Counsellor serves VAS students and families of grades 8-12 by providing a programme which focuses on the major aspects of the college planning/placement process. The University/Career Counsellor works in coordination with the school central administration and campuses to assist students in discovering their strengths and interests, exploring career alternatives, and finding institutions of higher learning which will meet these interests, strengths and values.
The University/Career Counsellor is to assist the development of a university preparation curriculum that supports students in their exploration of career alternatives and helps them understand and undertake the college planning and application process in the most effective manner. This includes academic preparation for college, meeting both graduation and college acceptance requirements, college searches, school and financial aid application, scholarship searches, testing, recommendations, and transition to college.
I. Job Description
Specific responsibilities include the followings:
A/ University Prep and Career Counseling
- Assist in developing and providing an annual calendar of support for parents and pupils of grade 8-12 across all VAS campuses focusing on important milestones, timelines and events pertaining to their university preparation and career planning.
- Assist in developing and updating the VAS University Preparation Curriculum / Manual. This includes maintaining an up-to-date resource library of print & electronic information of college catalogues, college guides, scholarship information, and financial aid application, newsletters, etc. This will also include additional non-academic programmes (such as Duke Edinburgh, Community Programmes, etc.) to support the holistic development and profile enhancement of VAS students, enabling them to reach the higher education destinations of their choice.
- Provide administrative support to the University Prep / Career Counselling Team in matters pertaining to the development of university partnerships and maintaining / expanding such partnerships
- Provide direct counselling services to students and families to help them understand the career alternatives available to them, as well as the educational alternatives that are accessible. This would include interpreting university websites for parents and offering alternative pathway guidance, if needed.
- Organise university preparation activities for students and families, including individual conferences, group presentations, university fair, etc.
- Coordinate university entrance exam testing and interpretation (wherever applicable)
- Facilitate university entrance exam preparation courses for interested students offered by outside providers.
- Support students in their preparation of personal statements, personal essays, and application forms; proactively organize meetings with individual parents and students to follow through their application process and transition to university.
B/ Other duties
- Participate in both VAS-wide and individual campus marketing & promotional events / activities to actively promote this value-added service to students and parents as an important part of student retention and recruitment plan
- Attend professional conferences, seminars, and workshops; deliver presentations on behalf of the school as and when required.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Line Manager and Academic Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- Minimum three years’ experience in either university advising / university admissions, either guiding high school students in their application process or serving at the college level in admissions or career counseling
- Dedication and expertise in counseling a range of students in the career planning and college process
- Evidence of high levels of organizational skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with students, parents, and universities
- Ability to advocate for the school & its students in the university application process, knowledge of the financial aid process.
- Excellent English and Vietnamese oral and written communication skills
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- Appropriate references from current and previous employer
- Compulsory Insurance (HI, SI, UI) and Personal Tax are covered by VAS
- Manager will get 100% discount of tuition for 2 children ( other fees such as meal fee, school bus fee, expenses for textbooks, uniforms, extra curricula activities, entrance test fee, ect... are still applied as stipulated)
- 13th monthly salary and KPIs bonus
- Housing, phone and taxi allowance
- Year end party, Team building, Staff – outing, 20/11, ….
- Lunch at school, Tet gift,….
- Working in professional environment
- Application packages:
- Application Letter
- CV & Portfolio
- Copied degrees and relevant certificates (if any)
- Residence Book & ID/ Passport
- Temporary Residence Confirmation
- Medical Report
- How to apply:
- Apply online at: ungtuyen.vas.edu.vn / Email : email@example.com
- Send your documents to our office: HR Division – Vietnam Australia International School - Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
- Contact point:
- Human Resources Division – Vietnam Australia International School
- Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
- Hotline: 090.119.1224
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/tuyendungtruongvietuc
- Zalo: Tuyển dụng Trường Việt Úc
(Only qualified applications will be contacted as soon as possible.)