Scholarships for VAS Students
Scholarship for excellent students is the award that VAS would like to give to students with continuous effort in studying.
The scholarships are granted to VAS students from Grade 1 to Grade 11 currently in the VAS system.
STRUCTURE AND VALUE OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The best student of each grade ranging from Grade 1 through to Grade 11 equals 11 scholarships in total
- 5 Primary students (from Grade 1 to 5): Scholarship of VND 40 Million/student/grade
- 6 Secondary students (from Grade 6 to 11): Scholarship of VND 60 Million/student/grade
The best student each in Primary, Secondary and High School level: 3 special scholarships total
- 1 best student in Primary (Grade 5): Scholarship of VND 100Million
- 1 best student in Secondary (Grade 8): Scholarship of VND 130Million
- 1 best student in High School (Grade 11): Scholarship of VND 150Million
TERMS FOR SCHOLARSHIP GRANTING
The best student of each grade:
- The top students from each grade will be chosen based on the individual student’s achievements in both the MOET and the International Education programmes in the school year decided by the VAS Academic Council.
- The top students will be interviewed by the VAS Admission Council to choose the best student for the scholarship granting.
The best student in Primary, Secondary and High School levels:
- The applicants at each level must be an excellent student in both the MOET and the International Education Programmes at the previous school year’s level.
- The top students at the last grade of each level (Grade 5, Grade 8 and Grade 11) will be chosen based on the student’s individual achievements in both the MOET and the International Education Programmes in the school year decided by the VAS Academic Council.
- The top students in the last grade of each level will be interviewed by the VAS Admission Council to choose the best student at each level of Primary, Secondary and High School for the scholarship granting.
The scholarship for existing VAS students will be officially implemented in the school year 2020-2021. The scholarships are granted each year based on the student’s achievements from the previous school year along with the results from their scholarship test. The scholarships will be applied to the following school year.
Can non-VAS students apply for the Scholarships?
This scholarship is only available for students from grade 1 to 11 who are studying at VAS.
How should the scholarship be assessed?
Scholarships are available for the 2021-2022 school year, which is assessed based on student’s achievement at the end of the school year 2020-2021 at VAS.
Do students need to apply for this scholarship?
Students do not need to apply for a scholarship. Basing on the result of the 2020-2021 school year, the campuses will suggest their respective outstanding students who achieved the highest results for the VAS Academic Board. The board will then review all suggested students from all campuses and have the final decision.
What is the structure and value of the scholarship?
The structure and value of the scholarship for VAS students are as follows:
1. Best students in each grade: 11 scholarships
- 05 Primary students (grade 1 to grade 5): scholarship of 40 million VND / student / grade
- 06 Lower Secondary students (grade 6 to grade 8): scholarship of 60 million VND / student / grade
2. Outstanding students of each level: 3 scholarships
- 01 outstanding Primary student (grade 5): scholarship of 100 million VND
- 01 outstanding lower secondary student (grade 8): scholarship of 130 million VND
- 01 outstanding upper secondary student (grade 11): scholarship of 150 million VND
When is the scholarship in effect? And how long is it?
The scholarships are valid for only 1 year and applied for the 2021-2022 school year. Specifically, if the student is awarded a scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year, the scholarship will be valid for this school year only and will not transfer to another year. If the student leaves VAS within that school year, the scholarship is considered invalid.
How are the best students, one from each grade, selected?
The top 5 students in each grade are selected by by the School Academic Board basing on their achievements of MOET and Cambridge Programmes. In case there are more than 5 students obtaining the same academic achievements, the Board will take their achievements of other extra-curriculum activities into consideration.
The top 5 students will attend the interview with the Assessment Committee to be selected for the scholarship for their grade.
How are the outstanding students selected?
Scholarship applicants must be students who are outstanding at both MOET and Cambridge programmes in previous years in that level.
Top 5 students at each level (grades 5, 8 and 11) are selected by the School Academic Board basing on their achievements of MOET and Cambridge Programmes. If there are more than 5 students obtaining the same academic achievements, the Board take their achievements of other extra-curriculum activities into consideration.
The top 5 students at each level will attend the interview with the Assessment Committee to be selected for the outstanding scholarship students for Primary, Lower and Supper Secondary.
What do students have to do to complete needed documents of the scholarship after receiving the results?
Students should contact their respective academic officers to deduct the tuition fees in the new school year for each payment term chosen by their parents. Scholarships are not converted into cash.