VAS Education Seminar: 6 core principles of developing positive relationships between parents and children12/04/2021
The living environment in the family, especially healthy communication and clear instructions provided by parents, plays a decisive role in the process forming and developing the personality of a child. Children often have a full understanding of their values, possess high emotional intelligence and positive thinking, and bravely conquer all challenges to achieve their goals if they grow up in a family in which all members and their differences are treated with understanding, love and respect. In addition, these children are always happy and optimistic in their life.
At the seminar "FROM UNDERSTANDING TO TRULY LOVE: GET YOUR KIDS TO LISTEN & MAKE THEM TO SPEAK UP" on April 3rd, 2021, Dr. Pham Thi Thuy – Psychologist and the representatives of VAS Academic Board had talks and discussions with parents about core principles for them to develop a full understanding and positive relationships with their children:
- TO TEACH WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION: Love, acceptance, stability are the three core factors for positive emotional development in children which make them In order for children to feel loved, parents need to show their love basing on three main factors: UNDERSTANDING their child's differences, ACCEPTING their child's differences, ADAPTING and developing his/her differences in a positive way rather than trying to force their child to follow a rigid framework.
- TO LISTEN POSITIVELY: Take measures to help children relieve stress through words and caring actions, and encourage them to express their true feelings and thoughts.
- TO AVOID COERCION AND DENIAL: Do not "trigger an emotional storm" of children with measures to coerce or deny them.
- TO MANAGE EMOTIONS EFFECTIVELY: Parents need to manage their negative emotions well in order to set a good example for their children, and patiently explain and gently suggest to their children on appropriate actions. It is vital that parents should only talk to their children after they have stabilized their feelings and both sides (father/mother and child) have calmed down.
- TO DEVELOP EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE FOR CHILDREN: Parents should regularly practice communication skills and develop emotional intelligence for children through activities at school and at home. At the same time, parents can build up the etiquettes for their children through stories, cartoons, practical activities every day instead of just deal with each mistake they have made.
- TO PLACE THE CHILDREN IN A POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: It’s important that parents choose for their children an opened, modern and scientific learning environment where they have an opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular activities to help promote core qualities and develop emotional intelligence.
Parents can find information about the study programmes, extra-curricular activities at VAS to help children improve their qualities, emotional intelligence and core values at www.vas.edu.vn or via 0911 26 77 55Chia sẻ