Timetabling & Data Management Deputy Manager21/11/2023
Reporting to the Central Academic Director, the Timetabling & Data Management Deputy Manager is responsible for timetabling across the VAS system. They will also support the Central Academic team by collecting student attainment data from key stakeholders to generate key reports for SLT and Heads of Department, to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning and student attainment within the entire VAS system.
I. Job Description
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Producing and maintaining Secondary timetables for all VAS campuses in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Maintaining the timetables during the school year and conducting maintenance and adjustments to the timetables should there be changes on the programme structures, subject options/combos, and in alignment.
- Analysing and providing information and reporting accurately and promptly related to teaching quality management: teaching situation, teacher information, timetable, teaching hours, etc
- Liaising with campuses and Central MOET Team to obtain required information for timetabling.
- Coordinating with timetable representatives of campuses for teacher allocations and sharing teacher arrangements.
- Setting up the procedures and systems for timetabling purposes.
- Arranging Cambridge cover teachers and ensuring the accurate calculation of actual teaching/supervision hours for Secondary Cambridge teaching staff for payroll purposes monthly.
- Being responsible for proactively dealing with timetabling conflicts, resolving queries, problem solving contingency planning to prevent problems.
- Analyzing timetabling data and relevant data to produce reports including but not limited to actual teaching hours, teaching ratio by pathway, subject combos, etc, if required.
- Working with IT Dept. to have the timetables uploaded to Engage/alternative systems timely for student attendance check, reporting and other academic purposes.
- Acting as an expert/taking lead for the timetabling team in liaison with internal and external parties for timetabling software construction and integration with other systems.
2. Data Management
- Keeping accurate records for students and staff
- Tracking historical information for students
- Preparing and presenting data for presentations and respective stakeholders
- Liaise with MOET colleagues and teams to develop joint connections and projects.
3. Data analysis and reporting
- Meet with CAT (weekly or monthly) to understand the school’s assessment, data and tracking requirements, to present analysis, aid in strategic discussions, and discuss the impact of any recent updates on campuses concerning data and student progress and attainment.
- Carrying out analysis for the school as needed which includes interrogating the data and asking questions in relation to the data in the school.
- Carrying out assessment analysis for CAT and the school as needed to present headline figures, detailed analysis highlighting individual students and subjects where interventions are required.
- Keep up to date on how schools should collect or use their data
- Providing timely statistical analyses and advice to CAT and the campuses
- Preparing data for departmental self-evaluation, review and target setting.
4. Data collection
- Be responsible for the receiving of data from CAT, campuses, and the local authority relating to both academic and pastoral data.
- Sourcing and importing all external data and testing results for importing into the MIS, this includes Cambridge, GL, CEM and DOET.
5. Other Duties
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Line Manager and Academic Leadership Team.
1. General requirements
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and above
- Fluent communication in English
- Knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of data analytics related & information management software in the education sector
- Excellent IT skills, including high-level use of Excel and programming.
- Familiarity with timetabling processes and systems with proven experience in timetabling for schools
2. Skill requirements for the job
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and influence colleagues
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolution
- Ability to use and manage timetabling software such as ASC.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to prioritize workloads effectively, balancing conflicting deadlines and achieving results within a fixed timescale.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically.
- Ability to show attention to detail and produce work of high quality.
3. Attitude requirements
- High sense of responsibilities
- Proactive, dynamic
- Compulsory Insurance (HI, SI, UI) and Personal Tax are covered by VAS
- Duputy Manager will get 50% discount of tuition for 2 children ( other fees such as meal fee, school bus fee, expenses for textbooks, uniforms, extra curricula activities, entrance test fee, ect... are still applied as stipulated)
- 13th monthly salary and KPIs bonus
- Housing, phone and taxi allowance
- Year end party, Team building, Staff – outing, 20/11, ….
- Lunch at school, Tet gift,….
- Working in professional environment
IV. Application packages:
- Application Letter
- CV & Portfolio
- Copied degrees and relevant certificates (if any)
- Residence Book & ID/ Passport
- Temporary Residence Confirmation
- Medical Report
V. How to apply:
- Apply online at: ungtuyen.vas.edu.vn / Email : email@example.com
- Send your documents to our office: HR Division – Vietnam Australia International School - Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
VI. Contact point:
- Human Resources Division – Vietnam Australia International School
- Floor 1, Block 3, 594 Ba Thang Hai, Ward 14, Dist. 10, HCMC
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/groups/truongquoctevietuc
(Only qualified applications will be contacted as soon as possible.)